Derek (Daily story 1948/49)
|Start date:||December 27th, 1948|
|End date:||April 23th, 1949|
|# of strips:||84 (14 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Big Tyme"|
|Followed by:||"The Amazing Ray"|
For the first time Mandrake tells Narda about his boyhood, that he have a twin brother. Their mother died shortly after the twins was born. Their father raised them, and as a greate stage magician he taught them all his tricks. When thay were about twelve years old their father took them to the College of Magic in Tibet. Sadly their father became ill and died shortly after they arrived. After their graduation the twins chose different careers. Derek devoted his powers to crime and evil things.
Now Derek in town, and he has been crush on Narda.
- Derek, Mandrake's twin brother
- Grando the Great, Mandrake's father.
- The Police Chief
- The Police Chief's grand daughter.
- New York
- The College of Magic, flashback.
Behind the scenes
- The title for this story is taken from the strip of December 27, 1948 (Beginning: Derek)
- Theron was married when Mandrake arrived the CM. (January 26: The college head's wife took care of us like a mother hen)
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Derek", Mustanaamio #9 (1976)
- "Les frères ennemis" & "La Joconde et la tiare", Aventures et Mystères #146 & #149 (1952)
- "Danger public" & "Derek le redoutable", Spécial Mandrake #53 & #54 (1968)
- "Danger public", Mandrake le Magicien - L'intégrale 2 (Soleil) & #3 (1993)
- "Il castello della magia", Avventura Club #6, #7 (1949) and ending in "Perocolo pubblico", L'Avventura Albo tascabile #1 (1950)
- "Pericolo pubblico", Mandrake #21 (1962)
- "Pericolo pubblico", Super Albo - Mandrake #58 (1963)
- "Pericolo pubblico", Mandrake - New Comics Now #260 (1991)
- "Pericolo pubblico", Mandrake 42 (Comic Art) (1995)
- "Contra Derek", Paquito #11003 (1952)
- "Derek", Mandrake the Magician #9 (1960)