|Start date:||November 14, 1955|
|End date:||January 21, 1956|
|# of strips:||60 (10 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Experiment"|
|Followed by:||"The New Neighbors"|
A century ago Cockaigne was a bankrupt nation with twin heirs to the throne. They cut cards for the throne and the loser became King. Now Prince Michael, a descandant of the other twin, thinks his great grandfather was a fool and that he, Michael, should be the legitimate heir to the throne.
Now he has a plan, to marry Narda and force King Segrid to give up his throne.
- Prince Michael, distant cousin of Narda and Segrid.
- Mugs, a thug hired by Prince Michael.
- Pete, a thug hired by Prince Michael.
- New York
Behind the scenes
- The title for this story is taken from the strip of November 12, 1955 (Next Week: Michael).
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Mandrake Pelastaa Cockaignen Prinsessan", Sarjakuvalehti #11 (1961)
- "Le prince brigand", Spécial Mandrake #23 (1965)
- "Mickael", Mandrake le Magicien (Collection Clair de lune) Volume 2 - 1953 à 1957 (2012)
- "Il principe bandito", Il Vascello #15 (1959)
- "Il principe bandito", I Classici dell'Avventura #9 (1962)
- "Il principe bandito", Super Albo #126 (1965)
- "Il principe bandito", Mandrake - New Comics Now #332 (1994)
- "Неуспела отмица" (romanized as "Neuspela otmicar", Politikin Zabavnik #1096 (1972)