The College of Magic
|Created by:||Lee Falk and Phil Davis|
The College of Magic
First time Mandrake mentioned the origin of "The College of Magic"[footnotes 1] he said it was build in the times of Genghis Khan (1162-1227). The wizards in old times carried on secrets of ancient Egypt, magic of ancient China and others. And when the hordes of Genghis Khan swept the eastern world most of the wizards and their lore were destroyed. Only a few escaped and they build the "College of Magic" and the city around it.
"The College of Magic" is located in Tibet, in a remote valley in the Himalayas. In modern time it was moved into a vast cavern in the valley.
In modern time Theron, the grandmaster of the college, predicted that their plesant hidden valley would be found by enemy invaders[footnotes 3]. To save the College from destruction they prepared a vast cavern and moved[footnotes 4] the College inside the cavern.
The College has always been surrounded by other buildings that are being occupied by the city's inhabitants.
In modern times the entrance to the cavern is hidden by a hundred-ton boulder, which opens when a secret word is spoken. Behind the boulder there is a dark tunnel, only lighted by the flaming "Collegium Magikos" nameplate, leading to the underground wonderland city. The city has a underground river and is largely self-sufficient, all powered by a mental reactor.
- First time the name "Collegium Magikos" is mentioned is in the daily strip of November 18, 1969.
- The Crystal Ball/Cube(s) is said to be of alien origin and older than the pyramides.
- In 1949-50 China's newly established government sent troops to Tibet, and that is reflected in the "Master of Magic" story.
- In D-214 - The Ears of the Earth it is said that in ancient times the College was build in the cave.
- D-122 - Master of Magic
- D-142 - "The Cobra Strikes (The College of Magic)" Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "MD-142" defined multiple times with different content
- D-176 - "Mandrake's Family" Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "MD-176" defined multiple times with different content
- D-050 - Derek
- D-060 - Swami
- D-073 - The Mysterious Mr Beam
- D-079 - The Enchantress
This article, or section of an article, is very short. You can help MandrakeWiki by expanding it.