The Little Fog
|The Little Fog|
|Start date:||July 2, 1956|
|End date:||October 20, 1956|
|# of strips:||96 (16 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Decoy"|
|Followed by:||"Tub's Gang"|
"The Little Fog" is the 88th Mandrake daily story. The story was written by Lee Falk and drawn by Phil Davis.
At Brown's farm a mysterious little fog popping up. If something or someone enters the fog, the fog vanished and what's inside disappears. Mandrake and Lothar go to the farm to investigate the mystery. Entering the little fog our friends find themselves in a mysterious and strange world.
The strange world, with no trees or bushes and cities like giant bubbles that float in the air, was Earth fifty thousand years in the future. Thousands of years ago the people have perfected time travel and invented the time-gate, the Little Fog. They began a project to record in picture and sound the history of the Earth, but it was too dangerous. A time travveler went into the middle age and there was a plague. He returned from the past sick and the sickness spread. The people decided to destroy the time machines and outlawed time travels.
JonnyXI97C discovered some ancient plans to make a time machine. And now he had found himself a new toy....
- The Police Chief
- Narda, last strip only.
- Brown, a farmer
- Maggy, Mr. Brown's lead cow.
- Marge, a girl
- JonnyXI97C, a boy from the future.
- New York
- Duncan Falls, 1956 and 50 000 years into the future.
- Brown's farm, route forty near Duncan Falls
Behind the scenes
- The title for this story is taken from the strip of July 2, 1956 (Beginning: The Little Fog).
- Duncan Falls refering to where Lee Falk's wife grew up.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "The Little Fog", Mandrake Comic #26 (1958)
- "A Nuvem Misteriosa", Mandrake - Edição Extra (1957)
- "A Neblina do Tempo", Mandrake #293 (1980)
- "A Nuvem Misteriosa", Mandrake Coleção #20 – #21 (1991)
- "Utu tulevaisuudesta", Mustanaamio #1, #2 and #3 (1979)
- "Utu tulevaisuudesta", Sarjakirja #1/1989 (1989)
- "Le brouillard mystérieux", Mandrake #339 and #340 (1971)
- "no title given", Mandrake le Magicien (Collection Clair de lune) Volume 2 - 1953 à 1957 (2012)
- "La nebbia misteriosa", Il Vascello #17 (1959)
- "La nebbia misteriosa", I Classici dell'Avventura #13 (1961)
- "La nebbia misteriosa", Mandrake #13 and #14 (1971)
- "La nebbia misteriosa", Mandrake - New Comics Now #332 (1994)
- "The Little Fog", Mandrake the Magician #147 and Mandrake the Magician #148 (1957)
- "Framtidens tåke", Fantomet #20 (1982)
- "Framtidens tåke", Serie-pocket #151 (1989)
- "Dimman från framtiden", Fantomen #19 (1978)
- "Esrarengiz Duman", Mandrake Albüm #83
- "The Little Fog", Mandrake the Magician #1 (1959)