Return of the Mirror People
|Return of the Mirror People|
|Start date:||August 24, 1964|
|End date:||January 2, 1965|
|# of strips:||144 (19 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Chief"|
|Followed by:||"The Team"|
While sleeping in front of a mirror, Narda's mirror image Adran talked to her. Once again Narda was kidnapped into the strange mirror world - where everything was opposite from our world. Old ladies attacking those who want to help them over the streets, and corporals were the leading officers while the generals was lower officers.
The criminal Ekardnam had invented a strange machine and with the machine the mirror world was able to look into our world - through the mirrors. At the same time Ekardnam also find a secret formula, which sprayed on the backside of mirrors, made them able to walk through the mirrors and into our word. As conquers. Narda ended in our world with the half recipes of the "walking through mirror" spray and only with the half of the recipes left in the mirror world Ekardnam was not able to make the spray anymore - and the passage between the worlds again was closed.
- Ekardnam, in the Mirror World an evil opposites of Mandrake.
- Rahtol, in the Mirror World an evil opposites of Lothar.
- Adran, in the Mirror World an evil opposites of Narda.
- New York
- The Mirror World
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story taken from the strip of August 24, 1964 (Beginning: Return of the Mirror People).
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "O Estranho Mundo dos Espelhos", Mandrake #101 (1965)
- "No Mundo do Espelho", As Grandes Aventuras do Mandrake #1 (1986)
- "No Mundo do Espelho", Mandrake Coleção #28 – #29 (1991-92)
- "O Mundo do Espelho", Mandrake #1 (2013)
- "Le retour du peuple des miroirs", "L'arme secrète du Gontapen" and "Le brouillard magique" Mandrake #135, #136 and #137 (1967)
- "A travers le miroir", Le Journal de Mickey ##1445-1460 (1980) note: censored version
- "A travers le miroir", Mandrake (Les récits du Journal de Mickey) Volume 2 (2015)
- "A travers le miroir", Mandrake, intégrale du journal Mickey (Volume 2) (2017)
- "நிழல் எது? நிஜம் எது ?", Mutu Comics #312 (2007)
- "Il ritorno del popolo degli specchi" & "L'arma segreta del Gontapen", Mandrake #93 and #94 (1965)
- "Il ritorno del popolo degli specchi", Mandrake - New Comics Now #167 (1986)
- "Aventura na espelholândia", Mundo de Aventuras #865 (1967)
- "El mundo de los espejos", Héroes Modernos #3 (1966) censored version
- "Aynalar Dünyası", Mandrake #213 & #214 & #215 & #216 (1978)
- "Aynalar Dünyası", Mandrake Albüm #69 & #70 (1978)
- "Aynalar Dünyası", Mandrake Albüm #186 & #187
- "Return of the Mirror People - Part I" and "Return of the Mirror People - Part II", The Classic Mandrake Series (second series)/ Episode: "Return of the Mirror People Part I" (Pacific Comics Club) and The Classic Mandrake Series (second series)/ Episode: "Return of the Mirror People Part II" (Pacific Comics Club) (2019)