Mandrake roi de la magie (CELEG) 1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Roi de la magie #1
(Les débuts d'un détective privé)
Cover artist: Phil Davis (from story art)
|Country/language:||France / Italian|
|Format:||30 × 22 cm|
|Pages:||152 pgs, b/w|
|Publishing date:||June, 1965|
|Preceded by:||Mandrake roi de la Magie #2|
|Followed by:||Mandrake roi de la Magie #23|
- "L'homme du mystère" ("The Cobra") by Lee Falk and Phil Davis.
- "Le mystère de la maison de jeu" ("The Hawk (Mandrake Meets Narda)") by Lee Falk and Phil Davis.
- "About: Mandrake" by Lee Falk.
- This special issue, released in 1965 by CELEG ("Centre d'Étude des Littératures d'Expression Graphique") (="Studies Center of Graphic Expression",a nostalgia comics club), was not intended for public distribution but reserved to CELEG's club members. Few copies were printed as 250 were numbered from #1 to #250 for subscribers and 26 were numbered from A to Z for founder members.
- Even if it was relased for the French collectors market, the strips were in Italian language (Italian story titles : "L'uomo del mistero" & "Il mistero della casa da giuoco"), as none previous versions of these daily strips had been published in France before.
- Inside, the book is sub-titled "Les débuts d'un détective privé" ("The beginnings of a private detective").
- Strips are printed only on the right side pages of the book, the left pages being blank
- Strangely enough, this volume 1 was printed after the preceding volume which was presented as volume 2.