La bambola drogata (Spada)
|La bambola drogata|
|1st publication:||Mandrake #85 (1965)|
|# of pages:||32 pgs|
"La bambola drogata" is an Italian made Mandrake story from 1965.
When visiting Diego Ramon Encevarra in Mexico Mandrake located the source of a narcotic smuggeling operation. Our friends are taken prisoners and rendering helpless by the fumes of a strange weed.
- Diego Ramon Encevarra
- Agnes (Mother of Ramona)
- Paquita (doll used for smuggeling)
- Lieutnant Basutos of the narcotics squad
Behind the scenes
"La bambola drogata" is a (parts only?) cut and past story. Mandrake and friend are lifted from Phil Davis art from late 50s and early 60s.
This story has been published in the following publications:
note: the complete story was only printed in Italy and France. All other reprints was the King Comics version where the 2 first pages and the 3 top pictures on page 3 was edited away. A new splash picture and the last row of pictures of page 3 then became the first page for the King Comics version.
- "O Mistério da Boneca", Mandrake #144 (1968)
- "Historia de una muñeca", Mandrake el mago #14
- "La poupée mexicaine", Mandrake #71 (1965)
- "The Telltale Doll", Indrajal Comics #66
- "La bambola drogata", Mandrake #85 (1965)
- "La muñeca de Mary", Mandrake el mago #9 (1966)
- "La muneca chismosa", Mandrake el Mago #81 (1972)
- "Trasdockans hemlighet", Blixt Gordon #5/1968
- "The Telltale Doll", Creepy Worlds #93
- "The Telltale Doll", Creepy Worlds #237
- "The Telltale Doll", Mandrake the Magician #8/1967
- "The Telltale Doll", The Complete Series: The King Years: Volume 2 (2016)