The Little House That Wasn't There
|The Little House That Wasn't There|
|Start date:||October 13th, 2003|
|End date:||February 21st, 2004|
|# of strips:||114 (19 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Lights! Camera! Danger!"|
|Followed by:||"Footsteps from the Past"|
Mandrake has signed a contract to write a book about magic in the 21st century. Van, the publisher, offers Mandrake to lend his weekend house so Mandrake can find peace and quiet to write. Miles away from civilization Mandrake starts to write while Narda starts exploring the woods. Although there should be no other houses nearby she discovers a house with a mysterious couple. When she was back she asked Mandrake if he would accompany her to pay a social call on the couple. But when they reached the place where should be, the little house had disappeared. Next day Narda went to the village store and took the shortcut over Rocky Notch, and there again she saw the mysterious house, miles away from where she saw it first.
- Van, a publisher
- Art, Van's caretaker
- June, living in the little house (in an outer space witness protection program)
- Augie, June's housbond (in an outer space witness protection program)
- Sheb, a fresh guy
- New York
- Timber Lake, north in the mountains
- A village
- Rocky Notch
- Tusos, a planet at the edge of the galaxy
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is taken from the strip of October 13, 2003 (Beginning: The Little House That Wasn't There !).
- If Tusos people sleep with all three eyes closed they can be traced, anywhere in the universe.
This story has been published in the following publications: