|Start date:||March 1st, 1993|
|End date:||July 17th, 1993|
|# of strips:||120 (20 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Narda's Dream"|
|Followed by:||"The Ears of the Earth"|
In New Fredonia the president recieved a letter bomb and was severely injured. Mandrake was friend with the president, when he was at the U.N. Now the secret chief of Inter-Intel wants Mandrake to stand in for a president targeted for death.
- Juan, President of New Fredonia.
- Zenda, wife of president Juan.
- Carmen, Zenda's maid.
- Carlo, Juan's valet.
- New York.
- New Fredonia, a plesant little democraty sourounded by drug dealers and dictators.
Behind the scenes
- The story title is lifted from the plot.
- Each day Hojo parks his motorbike, and speeds into the secret world of Inter-Intel. Known to Inter-Intel as a humble worker, a janitor. But he is their unknown chief acting through a robot.
- Similar story as The Double.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Kaksoisolento", Mustanaamio #16 (1994)
- "The Role of Duplicate" and "The Cruel Traitors", Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #33 and #34 (1995)
- "The Role of Duplicate", Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #72 (1998)
- "Dobbeltgjengeren", Fantomet #26 (1994)
- "Dubbelgångaren", Fantomen #16 (1994)