The Central Galaxy
|The Central Galaxy|
|Start date:||September 30th, 1984|
|End date:||June 8th, 1986|
|# of strips:||89|
|Preceded by:||"The Hitchhiker"|
|Followed by:||"The Lost City"|
Mandrake and Narda first met Emperior Magnon throu his galactic beauty contest, next at the birth of his first child, Princess Nardrake. They both also attended Nardraka's 10th birthday party at Magna. During this time Magnon, Emperior of the million planets, now and then ring Mandrake's advanced wristwatsh when he needs Mandrake's help.
Now Mandrake's wristwatsh rings and Magnons image are projected 30 000 light years, from Magna to the gardens of Xanadu. Asking if Mandrake and Narda would join him and his family on a two weeks tour of the universe. 15 minutes later a transport bubble arrived at Xanadu and brought Mandrake and Narda to a great waiting star ship behind the Moon. Onboard they are welcomed by Marshal Rodon and the ship is heading against Magnon's flagship.
Our friends are overwhelmed by the size of the ship (10 miles long) and everything on board. And even more overwhelmed by all the strange people and places they see through their two weeks tour.
- Lothar, at Xanadu only
- Karma, at Xanadu only
- Hojo, at Xanadu only
- Cattles from Vega 3, onboard Magnon's flagship
- The Snarff of Karff, the leading poet og his quadrant.
- The Turgle of Turgelan, the most brilliant mathematician of the Galaxy
- A giantic ant, coming out of a white hole.
- Mono, male robot at Robo.
- Mona, female robot at Robo.
- General Boron, cousin of Magnon.
- The masters of Cerebron.
- The Ratmen, mentioned only.
Behind the scenes
- At the deepwoods.org index the title for this story is "The Central Galaxy", which is lifted from the plot.
This story has been published in the following publications: