Return of the Clay Camel...and Others
|Return of the Clay Camel...and Others|
|Start date:||November 19th, 1990|
|End date:||April 13th, 1991|
|# of strips:||126 (21 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Other Side of Nowhere"|
|Followed by:||"The Terrorists"|
The last of 8 hq plan to kill Mandrake. They helped the Clay Camel to escape the prison. Desguised as mr. Stephens he visited Mandrake at Xanadu, asking for help for a research on the Clay Camel.
Clay failed and Mandrake managed to capture the two agents from 8. Soon the last hq of 8 was located at a barge in New York, and the police attack. The hq blow up but the eight people of the council of 8 survived.
Questioning the council of 8 the police manage to find all their secrets and files in a dozen lands; past crimes, planned future crimes, names, dates, places, money, gold, jewels..
The end of 8, but Octon was still missing.
- Narda, at Xanadu only.
- Karma, at Xanadu only.
- Hojo, at Xanadu only.
- The Clay Camel
- The Police Chief
- Octon, voice only.
- Mr. Stephens, famous mystery writer.
Behind the scenes
- The story title is taken from the strip of November 19, 1990 (Beginning: Return of the Clay Camel...and Others).
- The agents of 8 have a powerful tiny bomb inplanted behind each ears.
- The Octon's hands are like claws. On his left hand he have a ring with the 8 symbole.
- The Octon ruled with fear and money. Each killer was a millionaire as long he was loyal. Else bombs implanted in their heads was set of by a radio signal.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Kasi-koplan elävät pommit", Mustanaamio #22 (1993)
- "no title" Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #9 (1992)
- "no title" Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #56 (1997)
- "I killer di Octon", Mandrake - New Comics Now #349 (1995)
- "Oktons levende bomber", Fantomet #25 (1995)
- "Octons levande bomber", Fantomen #18 (1993)