Afternoon with Lothar
|Start date:||January 8th, 1939|
|End date:||January 8th, 1939|
|# of strips:||1 (1 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Fisherman"|
|Followed by:||"The Annoying"|
A quiet afternoon Mandrake takes a little nap, while Lothar stops by to visit his friend Leonard. While Lothar waits for his friend to show up two burglars come in. In the struggle that follows a burning lamp is overturned and the lion escapes. And on the top floor of the burning house, there are a woman and one child. Back at home Mandrake asks what Lothar has done all afternoon. "Nothing", Lothar says, "Me visit friend. Him wasn't home".
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is taken from the strip of January 1, 1939 (Next Week = Afternoon with Lothar).
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "(no title given)", Story# 219 (1949)
- no title, Mundo de Aventuras #481 (1982)
- no title, Mandrake #4 (1999)
- "(no title)", King Comics #44 (1939)
- "(no given title)", Biblioteka Nostalgija #3 (1985)