The Museum Mystery
|The Museum Mystery|
|Start date:||January 22, 1940|
|End date:||May 04, 1940|
|# of strips:||90 (15 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Mountain Bandits"|
|Followed by:||"The Octopus Ring"|
A dozen guards swear they saw a mummy walking in the east wing of the Orient Museum. It was impossible to keep guards at the east wing, with all the priceless treasures, at night and dr. White did not like the situatione.
Mandrake, Lothar and Sonny with her camera decided to spend the night at the east wing. Soon the discover something strange with the mummy case of Seti Anhk Amen. In the dark something move, Sonny takes a flashlight photo, the mummy case was empty.
Developing the film in the dark-room in the cellar of the museum they could see a picture of the walking mummy.
Looking a bit closer Mandrake discover the inside the mummy case there was a falce back, with a corridor behind leading to the museum vault filled with priceless treasures of antiqity, gold and gems.
It turns out that mr. Bendar, his wife and his gang had planned the robbery of the museum vault for months, and almost succeeded.
- Dr. White, director of the Orient Museum.
- Sonny, daughter of dr. White.
- Rufus, guard at the Orient Museum.
- Bendar, assistant curator at the Orient Museum.
- Mrs. Bendar, The Walking Mummy wife of Bendar.
- Seti Anhk Amen, ancient king of upper Egypt. mention only
- Pete, a gang member.
- The Orient.
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is taken from the strip of January 20, 1940 (Beginning Next Week = The Museum Mystery).
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "La momia viviente", El Libro de la Historieta #10 (1954)
- "O Mistério do Museu", Mandrake #72 (1963)
- "La momie vivante", Spécial Mandrake #9 (1964)
- "I misteri del museo", L'Avventuroso #340 - #354 (1941)
- "I misteri del museo", Collana Albi grandi avventure - Mandrake #14 (1941)
- "I misteri del museo" & "La mummia che cammina", Mandrake #10 and #11 (1947)
- "La mummia vivente", Il Vascello #27 (1960)
- "La mummia vivente", I Classici dell'Avventura #15 (1961)
- "La mummia vivente", Super Albo - Mandrake #60 (1963)
- no title, L'olimpo dei fumetti #14 (1973)
- "I misteri del museo", Mandrake - New Comics Now #149 (1985)
- "I misteri del museo", Mandrake 17 (Comic Art) (1992)
- "I misteri del museo", Club dei Trenta #44 (200?)
- "Den vandrende mumie", Spøk og Spenning (1941)
- "El misterio del museo", Grandes Clásicos de los Comics del Pasado #37 - Mandrake #12 (1986 ?)
- "Den vandrande mumien", Allers Familj-Journal #22/1940 - #50/1940
- "Den vandrande mumien", Mandrake (1946)
- "Den vandrande mumien", Mandrake (1949)
- no title, 1001 Roman #55 - 75 (1940)