The Miss Galaxy Beauty Contest
|The Miss Galaxy Beauty Contest|
|Start date:||November 18, 1956|
|End date:||June 9, 1957|
|# of strips:||30 (30 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Witchmen's Peak"|
|Followed by:||"The Casino"|
Carola refused Magnon's offer of marriage with; If you were emperor of the entire galaxy you'd not be worthy of me! No man is! I'm the most beautiful female in the universe.
Magnon reply; You prod, selfish...! I'll show you! I'll find a dozen -- A million females more beautiful than you!
And then on ten millions oxygen-breathing planets the beauty contest began.
After winning the earth contest Narda was told to go to a certain field and wait. Then suddenly, a beam from abow. Narda and Mandrake rise into the air and drawn into a crystal-like object, and they shoot rapidly into the space.
Narda won the Miss Galaxy contest and spent so much time Magnon that rumors of a romance spread through the galaxy. Magnon proposed to Narda, but she knew that Magnon and Carola were in love with each other and brought them together.
There was a gigantic wedding.
Magnon's scientists erased all their memories of the galaxy and brought them back to earth. Leaving our friends with a big mystery, where had they been for six months? And why did Narda have a new ring, with an unknown metal and a three hundred carat diamond?
- The Police Chief
- King Segrid
- Magnon, the emperor of a million planets and the thousandth generation of his family to rule.
- Carola, empress of twelve planets, a beautiful and conceited young lady.
- Doc Ray, organizer of the beauty contest in US.
- Louisa of Bulgarn, finalist in Miss Galaxy.
- Constanze of Elm, finalist in Miss Galaxy.
- Julaan of Phoenax, finalist in Miss Galaxy.
Behind the scenes
- At the deepwoods.org index the title for this story is "The Miss Galaxy Beauty Contest", which is lifted from the plot.
- Louisa of Bulgarn, named after Lee Falk's first wife.
- Constanze of Elm, named after Lee Falk's second wife.
- Julaan of Phoenax, named after ?
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "A Rainha da Beleza", Almanaque do Mandrake (1958)
- "Concurso de Beleza", As Grandes Aventuras do Mandrake #2 (1986)
- "Concurso de Beleza", Mandrake Coleção #27 (1991)
- "Skønhedskonkurrencen", Fantomet #314 (1990)
- "Kauneuskilpailu", Mustanaamio #12 (1985)
- "L’imperatore della galassia", Il Vascello #42 (1961)
- "L'imperatore della galassia", I Classici dell'Avventura #17 (1962)
- "L'imperatore della galassia", Special Mandrake #192 (1967)
- "L'imperatore della galassia", Mandrake #52 (1973)
- "L’imperatore della galassia", Mandrake - New Comics Now #274 and #275 (1991)
- "Vakrest i galaksen", Fantomet #5 (1991)
- "O Concurso de Beleza", Tigre #42 (1958)
- "Skönhetstävlingen", Fantomen #25 (1984)