The Thief (The Time Traveller)
|Start date:||June 13, 1960|
|End date:||September 3, 1960|
|# of strips:||72 (12 weeks)|
|Followed by:||"The Ambassador"|
One night Narda and Mandrake talking abouth whatt life will be like thousand of years frome Theatre now. Later, as Narda sleeps, a strange man materializes in her bedroom. Dressed in strange clothes, talked strange, ate and drank, before he took Narda's diamonds and faded away. Next time he appeared he took Narda with him.
Together with a time warden from 50 000 a.d. Mandrake went into the past, looking for Narda at the "Globe Theatre" in year 1601.
It turns out that the thief was an actor who had stolen a time-travel belt. So he could travel back in time to act in the first performance of Hamlet. With Shakespeare himself in the role as King Claudius and the time-traveler as Hamlet.
- The Thief, a timetraveller from 50 000 years in the future.
- The Time Warden, from 50 000 years in the future.
- Sir Walter, London year 1601.
- Shakespeare, London in 1601.
- New York
- Narda's apartment in NY
- London, in year 1601.
- Globe Theatre, London in year 1601.
Behind the scenes
- The title for this story is taken from the strip of June 13, 1960 (Beginning: The Thief) and June 11, 1960 (Next Week: "The Thief").
Note: At the deepwoods.org index the title for this story is "The Thief (The Time Traveller)".
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Le voyage dans le passé", Les héros du mystère #4 (1967)
- "Le voyage dans le passé", Les héros du mystère Album #2 (1967)
- "Voyage dans le passé", Mandrake #196 & Mandrake #197 (1969)
- "Le voleur", Mandrake le Magicien (Collection Clair de lune) Volume 3 - 1957 à 1961 (2012)
- "Viaggio nel passato", Il Vascello #61 (1961)
- "Viaggio nel passato", I Classici dell'Avventura #23 (1962)
- "Viaggio nel passato", Mandrake #80 and #81 (1968)
- "Viaggio nel passato", Mandrake - New Comics Now #79 (1983)
- "Tjuven", Fantomen #4 (1980)
- "Mandrake and Narda meet...the time travellers", Mandrake the Magician #15 (1960)