The Secret Mission
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Secret Mission|
(Re-released in 2016)
|Start date:||February 15th, 1999|
|End date:||July 3rd, 1999|
|# of strips:||120 (20 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Fisherman"|
|Followed by:||"Siege at Xanadu"|
"The Secret Mission" is the 231st Mandrake daily story. The story was written and drawn by Fred Fredericks.
In New York, two killings with the old signature "8" in bullet holes. The Chief calling Mandrake for help.
When the mystery is solved Mandrake and his friend are going on a cruise, - a secret mission.
- Captain Hooker, vice admiral in the navy.
- The Raft People
- The old sailor
- Benbova, drug smuggler and terrorist trainer.
- Kabal, Benbova's assistant.
- Gunny, a marine.
- Corporal Skilling, a marine.
- New York
- Panama Canal
- South Pacific
- Klipper Island, owned by Benbova.
- Inter-Intel, mentioned by Mandrake.
- Phandrake, a giant navy yacht.
Behind the scenes
- At the deepwoods.org index the title for this story is "The Secret Mission", which is lifted from the plot.
- Narda is retelling the Sunday story The Raft People from 1948.
- Phandrake, named after The Phantom and Mandrake.
Re-released story in 2016
- Start date: 25 July 2016 / End date: 10 December 2016
This story has been published in the following publications:
- Mandrake the Magician #3 (2022)
- "Gizil gören", Sihirbaz Mandrake ve Abdullah (2009)