The Mysterious Chief
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 20:41, 10 March 2022 by The Clay Camel (talk | contribs) (→Image:mini_turkey.gif Turkey)
|The Mysterious Chief|
|Start date:||September 20th, 1976|
|End date:||December 11th, 1976|
|# of strips:||72 (12 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Narda and the Sheik"|
|Followed by:||"The Pacific Circle"|
"The Mysterious Chief" is the 165th Mandrake daily story. The story was written by Lee Falk and drawn by Fred Fredericks.
Hojo is super-scholar, excels at higher math, fluent in 14 languages and reads 10 more. He is also 10th degree black belt, judo and karate. But why is he working as Mandrake's super-chef? And what does he do all day when he is gone, and where does he go?
- Ms. Laurel, Jed's private secetary.
- New York
- Asian quarter
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is taken from the strip of September 20, 1976 (Beginning: Mysterious Chief).
- Mandrake have guessed that Hojo is the mysterious and secret Chief of Inter-Intel, and Hojo confirms it by inviting Mandrake into his private office behind behind the Chief office at Inter-Intel.
- Lothar asking Mandrake if Hojo is the mysterious and secret Chief of Inter-Intel, but Mandrake did not reply.
- Mystery: Hojo goes on a two week vacation. He stays in an apartment (?) in the Asian quarter and working at Inter-Intel as their secret chief. So, two week vacation from what? His job as Mandrake's chef?
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Uma Voz Misteriosa", Almanaque do Mandrake #5 (1980)
- "Pomo", Mustanaamio #3 (1988)
- "Le chef mystérieux", Spécial Mandrake #15 (1978)
- "Le secret de Hojo", Le Journal de Mickey #1783 (1986)
- "Le secret de Hojo", Donald Magazine #86-34 (1986)
- "Le mystère d'Hojo", Janus Stark #133 and #134 (1990)
- "The Master Criminal", Indrajal Comics #298 (1978)
- "மர்மத் தலைவன்", Mutu Comics #71 (1977)
- "La fabbrica degli incubi", Mandrake Selezione #12 (1978)
- "O Segredo de Jojo", Mundo de Aventuras #211 (1977)
- "El Secreto de Jojo", Mandrake - Merlin el Mago #11 (1981)
- "Chefen", Fantomen #16 (1987)
- "Şefin Sırrı", Mandrake #137 & #138 (1977)
- "Şefin Sırrı", Mandrake Albüm #136 and #137
- "Şefin Sırrı", Mandrake Süper Albüm #21
- "Şefin Sırrı", Mandrake Süper Albüm #76
- "Veliki šef", Super EKS Almanah #1 (1979)