The Lost City
|The Lost City|
|Start date:||June 15th, 1986|
|End date:||November 16th, 1986|
|# of strips:||23|
|Preceded by:||"The Central Galaxy"|
|Followed by:||"The Kraken"|
On an archeological dig in tropical land Dr. Archland diccovered a stele with ancient writing. He found the carving as an ancient puzzle guide to Mayora, the city of jewels. Now he want Mandrake to help him with two problems. First a gang of thugs are after him, second he need help to understand the puzzling guide to Mayora.
- Dr. Archland, an archeolog
- Toby, leader of the thugs
- A tropical land
- Mayora, the city of jewels
- New York City
Behind the scenes
- At the deepwoods.org index the title for this story is "The Lost City", which is lifted from the plot.
- The strip of September 28, 1986 is a Defenders of the Earth promotion. Similar strip also in The Phantom and Flash Gordon Sundays.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "La città perduta", Mandrake - New Comics Now #219 (1988)