The Great Grando
|The Great Grando|
|Start date:||June 23rd, 1941|
|End date:||November 8th, 1941|
|# of strips:||120 (20 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Mystery of the Striped Orchid"|
|Followed by:||"Lothar the Champ"|
For a short time Grando was Mandrake's assistant. Grando was a brilliant man with a natural flair for magic. But he was unwilling to put in the hard work necessary for the art. Mandrake teach Grando what he knew about hypnotism, ventriloquism and sleight-of-hands. Grando progressed well for a time. Then he became lazy, missed rehearsals, came late for performances. Mandrake had to get rid of him, and Grando left with some knowledge of the magician's art.
Now Grando turn up in New York, using his knowledge for crimes.
- Danny, a boy.
- Mr. Smith, a bank teller and Danny's father.
- The Great Grando
- Daily Magazine, a newspaper.
- New York
- Childrens home, an orphanage.
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is taken from the strip of June 23, 1941 (Beginning today - The Great Grando).
- Narda having birthday August the 8th ?
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "El ladron invisible", Pequeños Grandes Libros #1153 (1946) text version
- "O Grande Mágico", Almanaque do Mandrake (1966)
- "L'homme qui n'existait pas", Spécial Mandrake #2 (1963)
- "L'homme qui n'existait pas", Mandrake #285 & Mandrake #286 (1970)
- "Il grande Magnus", L'Avventura (1945-1946)
- "Mandrake contro Magnus" & "La vittoria di Magnus" & "L'ultima avventura di Magnus", Albi delle grandi avventure - Mandrake #10, #11 and #12 (1948)
- "L'uomo che non esisteva", Super Albo #38 (1963)
- "Il superbo Grando" & "Lotta senza tregua", Mandrake #18 & #19 (Comics Stars in the World 1977)
- "Il superbo Grando", Mandrake - New Comics Now #150 (1985)
- "Il superbo Grando", Mandrake 20 (Comic Art) (1993)
- "Il superbo Grando" & "Lotta senza tregua", Mandrake #18 & #19 (Comics Stars in the World 1977) note: Italian text.
- "Penger som forsvinner", Spøk og Spenning #2/1945 - #4/1945
- "El hombre que no existia", Mandrake #13 (1992)