Still Lovely, Still Deadly
|Still Lovely, Still Deadly|
|Start date:||January 9th, 2006|
|End date:||October 7th, 2006|
|# of strips:||234 (39 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Treachery... at the Top of the World"|
|Followed by:||"The Hitman from Another Planet"|
Narda and Mandrake have been invited to dinner at Linda and Mel's. During their visit Linda and Mel tells about the strange things happening in the house. Mandrake remembered that the house they live in once was the house of Uncle, in the strange case of "The Mystery of the Striped Orchid". The cace with the rare tropical striped orchid that produce a drug-like odor that arouses an urge to kill.
- Linda, a new member of the Children's Hospital Committee
- Mel, Linda's husbond
- Uncle Junior, son of Uncle.
- Mozz, teller of tales
- The Phantom
- Sheppy, a drug runner
- President Luaga, of Bengalla (mentioned only)
- Ed, a policeman in NYC
- New York City
- A hospital
- The Scull Cave
- The Twelve Nations
- The Striped Orchid
- Accuna Plant, a deadly jungle plant
- White Bellflowers, used for antidote
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is taken from the strip of January 9, 2006 (Beginning: Still Lovely, Still Deadly).
- Mandrake retelling the 1941 daily story "The Mystery of the Striped Orchid".
This story has been published in the following publications: