Narda and the Cats
|Narda and the Cats|
|Start date:||March 8th, 1971|
|End date:||May 29th, 1971|
|# of strips:||72 (12 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Clay Camel (plus Women's Lib!)"|
"Narda and the Cats" is the 146th Mandrake daily story. The story was written by Lee Falk and drawn by Fred Fredericks.
Mandrake have two dogs, while Narda have a cat. Mandrake finding cats mysterious, like they have a secret, almost alien.
One night Narda dreaming about cats. Suddenly she woke up and see "Nefertiti", her cat, jumping out of the window. She follows the cat ending up in a dark cellar. Into a strange place. In the realms of the cats there was a statue of a cat good and cats having a banquet.
Using something similar like telepathy "Xox-202 N" (real name of Nefertiti) told Narda the secret of ffleena.
They came from an other world that no longer exists. Their star system had two planets. At "Caneen" lived the vicious race called dogs while on "Fflen" the ffleena's. Both ffleena and caneena was aristocrats and have robot slaves who served them their every needs. For thousands of years the two planets fought endless wars, and their robots did the fighting. In time, the robots developed mighty explosives that blew the two planets apart. Some of the ffleena managed to escape and ended up at the planet earth.
But on earth there was wild dogs that chased the ffleena and destroyed their robots. The ffleena soon found a replacement for their robots, a cave man.
Then Mandrake found Narda faitend in the cellar. Was it all a dream ?
- Nefertiti, Nardas angora cat.
- Xox-202 N, Nefertiti's real name.
- Great Xox, the cat good.
- New York
- Fflen, a planet with a cat like race.
- Caneen, a planet with a dog like race.
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story taken from the strip of March 13, 1971 (Next Week: Narda and the Cats).
- Mandrake has two dogs, a dane and a wolfhound.
- Jed has a sail boat.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "O Reino dos Gatos", Mandrake #188 (1972)
- "Narda and the Cats", Mandrake (1972 note: english text)
- "Maailman valtiaat", Mustanaamio #24 (1985)
- "Les chats", Le Journal de Mickey #1705 to #1707 (1985)
- "Les chats", Donald Magazine #85-10 to #85-12 (1985)
- "The Strange Banquet", Indrajal Comics Vol. 23 No. 46 (1986)
- "Mysterious Cats" Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #63 (1998)
- "L’impero dei fellini", Mandrake #21 and #22 (1971)
- "Narda en de katten", Mandrake #1 (1972)
- "O Segredo dos Gatos", Mundo de Aventuras #1233 (1973)
- "Narda y las gatos", Supercomics Garbo #8 (1976)
- "Världens herrar", Fantomen #11 (1985)
- "Gizli Düşman", Mandrake #59 & #60 & #61 (1975)
- "Gizli Düşman", Mandrake Albüm #20 & #21
- "Gizli Düşman", Mandrake Albüm #231
- "Gizli Düşman", Mandrake Süper Albüm #23 & #24
- "Gizli Düşman", Mandrake Süper Albüm #7
- "U vreme pomračenja", Super EKS Almanah #13 (1980)