Mandrake roi de la magie (CELEG) 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Roi de la magie #2
(4 voyages vers l'ailleurs)
Cover artist: Phil Davis (from story art)
|Country/language:||France / French|
|Format:||30 × 22 cm|
|Pages:||128 pgs, b/w|
|Publishing date:||December, 1964|
|Followed by:||Mandrake Roi de la Magie #1|
- "Le royaume des bandits" ("Land of the Fakirs") by Lee Falk and Phil Davis.
- "Au pays des nains méchants" ("Land of the Little People") by Lee Falk and Phil Davis.
- "Le monde à X dimensions" ("Chamber into the X Dimension") by Lee Falk and Phil Davis.
- "L'autre côté de la lune" ("The Lunar Trip") by Lee Falk and Phil Davis.
- "Du temps que Mandrake n'avait pas peur de la magie", by Francis Lacassin.
- This special issue, released in 1964 by CELEG ("Centre d'Étude des Littératures d'Expression Graphique") (="Studies Center of Graphic Expression",a nostalgia comics club), was not intended for public distribution but reserved to CELEG's club members. Few copies were printed as 426 were numbered from #1 to #426 for subscribers and 26 were numbered from A to Z for founder members.
- Strips appear only on the right side pages of the book, the left pages being blank.
- Inside, the book is sub-titled "4 voyages vers l'ailleurs" ("4 Trips to somewhere else").
- Strangely enough, this volume 2 was printed before the following volume which was presented as volume 1.
- As the February 21, 1937 Sunday page remained unpublished in France, it was replaced by a Polish reprint (a flying inserted page with translated text was added).
- The book was re-released in 1967 - with a cover colored in orange - by the comics review "Giff-Wiff" as issue 23 bis of their collectors series printed for a more large public.