Mandrake's Hate Club
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mandrake's Hate Club|
|Start date:||February 24th, 1980|
|End date:||July 6th, 1980|
|# of strips:||20|
|Preceded by:||"Super Giant"|
|Followed by:||"The Cave Mystery"|
"Mandrake's Hate Club" is the 143rd Mandrake Sunday story. The story was written by Lee Falk and drawn by Fred Fredericks.
At the killers row in a local prison, "Hate Mandrake Club", five ex-gang lords; "Big Louie", "Fatts", "[Big] Red the Knife", "Crazy [Morrie]" and "Gunner [Sam]". The reason for the club name was because Mandrake helped nab them.
One night all five manage to break out of the jail and draw straws to see who gets first crack at Mandrake. One by one they tried to kill Mandrake, but one by one Mandrake nab them again.
- Big Louie, a gang lord.
- Fatts, a gang lord.
- [Big] Red the Knife, a gang lord.
- Crazy [Morrie], a gang lord.
- Gunner [Sam], a gang lord.
- Shakey, a stoolie.
- New York City
- Tony's, an Italian resturant.
- A maximum-security prison
Behind the scenes
- The story title is taken from the strip of February 24, 1980 (Beginning: "Mandrake's Hate Club").
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Club de Enemigos", Sandokan #17 (1983)
- "Los Enemigos de Mandrake", Grandes personajes T.V. Color #4 (1989)
- "Klúbbur Teits hins hataða", Vísir October 1, 1980 - the first week only
- "Hate Mandrake Club", Indrajal Comics #389 (1981)
- "Il club dell’odio", Mandrake - New Comics Now #69 (1982)
- "O Círculo Inimigo de Mandrake", Mundo de Aventuras #493 (1983)
- "İntikam Peşinde", Mandrake Albüm #155 #156
- "İntikam Peşinde", Mandrake Süper Albüm #65
- "İntikam Peşinde", Mandrake Süper Albüm #26