Footsteps from the Past
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Footsteps from the Past|
(Re-released in 2021)
|Start date:||February 23th, 2004|
|End date:||August 14th, 2004|
|# of strips:||150 (25 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Little House That Wasn't There"|
|Followed by:||"Space Glitch"|
"Footsteps from the Past" is the 247th Mandrake daily story. The story was written and drawn by Fred Fredericks.
The Great Grando has been released from prison after a long sentence, then a man was seen leaping into the East River. On the dock they found a note which blamed Mandrake for all his trouble, signed Grando. Then the Police Chief introduced the TV producer Meeker for Mandrake. Meeker wanted to make a documentary about The Great Grando and hoped Mandrake could tell everything he know of the master criminal.
- The Police Chief
- Grando / Meeker, a TV producer (eg. Grando)
- Smith, a bank teller
- Sam, a policeman
- New York
- East River
- A resturant
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is taken from the strip of February 23, 2004 (Beginning: Footsteps from the Past).
- From March 8 to July 10 this story retelling the 1941 Daily "The Great Grando".
- Mandrake was a champion boxer at the College of Magic.
Re-released story in 2021
- Start date: 2 August 2021 / End date: 22 January 2022.
This story has been published in the following publications: