Clay Camel and the Ganglords
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Clay Camel and the Ganglords|
(Re-released in 2014)
|Start date:||May 27th, 1996|
|End date:||July 27th, 1996|
|# of strips:||54 (9 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The S. S. Div."|
|Followed by:||"Alibi Algie"|
"Clay Camel and the Ganglords" is the 222th Mandrake daily story. The story was written by Lee Falk and drawn by Fred Fredericks.
Some ganglords trying til kill Mandrake, and they hired Oswald -The Clay Camel.
- Narda, only a few pictures at Xanadu.
- The Police Chief
- The Clay Camel (real name Oswald!)
- Brett, inspector from Scotland Yard.
- Vrom, hired to find Mandrake disguised as Police chief Vrom.
- Bozo, a thug.
- New York
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is liftet from the plot.
- The first week of the story starting with "For those who came in late" presenting: Mandrake, Lothar, The Clay Camel, The Mole, The Penthouse Thief, 8, Octon and Luciphor.
- The story ending with Cont'd.
- A ganglord has prison number 39013.
Re-released story in 2014
- Start date: 3 February 2014 / End date: 5 April 2014
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Leirkamelens hjemkomst", Fantomet #5 (2003)
- "Savikamelin paluu & vedenpitävän", Mustanaamio #5 (2003)
- "Strange Criminal" Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #63 (1998)
- "Strange Criminal" Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #78 (1999)
- "Lerkamelens återkomst", Fantomen #5 (2003)
- "Clay Camel and the Ganglords", The Daily Strips Mandrake Series / Episodes: "Clay Camel and the Ganglords + Alibi Algie" (Pacific Comics Club) (2020)