Visitors from Space
|Visitors from Space|
|Start date:||December 5th, 1938|
|End date:||February 4th, 1939|
|# of strips:||54 (9 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Mandrake in Love"|
|Followed by:||"The Deep South"|
Visiting Mr. Rocks a huge metal globe was found on a hill of the palatial estate. From the globe comes a tall man in an unfamiliar barbaric dress followed by a beautiful woman with long, flowing, golden hair, wearing a glittering costume. And the mysterious couple say they come from Mars...
- Mr. Rocks, a billionaire.
- Janice Rocks, daughter of Mr. Rocks.
- Prof. Hubert, of the local college.
- M 601, a man from Mars.
- F 390, a woman from Mars.
- Betsy, a horse.
- Kid Glove Kid, a master mind of crime (aka M 601).
- Doris, Kid Glove Kid's girlfriend (aka F 390).
- Steve Wilson, editor of Evening Gazette (?)
- Jones, alias of Kid Glove Kid.
- Joe, a journalist.
- Duke, a journalist.
- New York
- Pine Forks
- The big swamp
Behind the scenes
- The title for this story is taken from the strip of December 3, 1938 (Starting Next Week = Visitors from Space)
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Les envoyés de Mars", Aventures et Mystère #60 (1948)
- "La sphère martienne", Spécial Mandrake #24 (1965)
- "La sfera marziana", Mandrake #28 (Comics Stars in the World 1977 or 1978) note: Italian text.
- "La sfera marziana", Super Albo - Mandrake #92 (1964)
- "La sfera marziana", Mandrake #28 (Comics Stars in the World 1977 or 1978)
- "La sfera marziana", Mandrake - New Comics Now #147 (1985)
- "La sfera marziana", Mandrake 13 (Comic Art) (1992)
- "La sfera marziana", Mandrake il mago Volume 2 (2015)
- "La esfera marciana", Grandes Clásicos de los Comics del Pasado #34 - Mandrake #10 (1988)
- "Merihli İnsanlar", 1001 Roman - Özel Sayı #16 (1941)