The Solar Wind
|The Solar Wind|
|Start date:||April 26th, 1970|
|End date:||August 23rd, 1970|
|# of strips:||18 (18 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The 3D Monster"|
|Followed by:||"The Mystery"|
Magnon calling and visit Mandrake as a tri-dem projection. Some non human ambassadors from an other galaxy had a accident with their solar sailing ship in Earth sector, could Mandrake recieve them, giving them room to work and relax?
Zed, the ambassador from Zak, told a strange story about his home planet. In ancient time, a million years ago, the flesh people became over populated. They polluted the air, land and water. Most of the people died from plague and the rest of them in a terrible war. Only machines were left and they rebuild the world. After thousands of years the machines created living metal.
- Zed, of the planet Zak
- Chootzy, a space ship from Zak
- New York City
Behind the scenes
- At the deepwoods.org index the title for this story is "The Solar Wind", which is lifted from the plot.
- Karma is born in 1950.
- New layout for the Sunday pages from June 7th 1970.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Velero Spacial", Super Sandokan #12 (1983)
- "O Veleiro do Espaço", Mandrake #175 (1971)
- "Um Caso Difícil", Condor #40 (1973) note: missing the first strip of the story.
- "Uzay Yelkenlisi", Mandrake #122 & #123 & #124 (1976)
- "Uzay Yelkenlisi", Mandrake Albüm #41 & #42
- "Uzay Yelkenlisi", Mandrake Süper Albüm #26
- "Živi metal", Super EKS Almanah #50 (1984)