The Short Cut
|The Short Cut|
|Start date:||December 7th, 1981|
|End date:||March 13th, 1982|
|# of strips:||84 (14 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Mandrake's Family"|
|Followed by:||"Haunted Road"|
Leaving the College of Magic traveling to the town Mandrake and Lothar deciding to take a shortcut through the mountains. They face the mad Queen Alisan, who rules her small queendom with only 45 soldiers, surrounded by mountains chiefs.
- Kaaal, a god and a incinerator.
- Puss, a white pet tiger.
- George, Queen Alisan's jester.
- Queen Alisan of Alisandra.
- Prince Spel-Vine
- Kadukah, landscape area where Alisandra is.
- Alisandra, a queendom in the mountains near CM.
Behind the scenes
- The previous story do not indicate that the story have ended; like "Next Week: New Adventures" or similar.
- The title for the story is lifted from the plot.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "A Rainha excêntrica", Almanaque do Mandrake #11 (1982)
- "The Green-Eyed Monster", Indrajal Comics Vol. 20 No. 8 (1983)
- "Alisan, la matta", Mandrake - New Comics Now #81 (1983)
- "Alisan, Reina de Kadukah", Mandrake #29 (1998)
- "Tajna kristalne kocke", Super EKS Almanah #59 (1984)