The Lost Chord
|The Lost Chord|
(Re-released in 2017)
|Start date:||January 31st, 2000|
|End date:||April 15th, 2000|
|# of strips:||66 (11 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Haunted Ballroom"|
|Followed by:||"Return of the Clay Camel"|
Theron calling Mandrake telling the world is in deadly danger. Since the dark ages there has been a rumor that a musical manuscript is hidden in an old castle. The manuscript contains a lost cord, if played the chord would resonate and vibrate with such intensity that it could cause a crack in the world. Theron was afraid if evil forces found the chord thy could hold the world for ransom. He wants Mandrake to search for the musical manuscript in Cockaigne.
- Captain Viper, corrupt officer in Cockaigne.
- Oskar, gunman hired by Captain Viper.
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is taken from the strip of January 31, 2000 (Beginning: The Lost Chord).
- Theron is 408 years old.
- Theron spends long hours on the internet, without having a computer.
- Cockaigne was previous called Markova, then Pomerania.
Re-released story in 2017
- Start date: 10 July 2017 / End date: 23 September 2017
This story has been published in the following publications: