|Start date:||November 17th, 1975|
|End date:||February 14th, 1976|
|# of strips:||78 (13 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Super Shark"|
|Followed by:||"The Evil Twin"|
The Mayor honored Mandrake and Lothar with the highest citizens' award for their help with the Super Shark. Mr. Fatts now have seen six of his buddies put away by Mandrake and Lothar and decided it now was time to put away Mandrake and Lothar.
Fatts managed to obtain mandrake's fingerprints on a wet paper, asking for an autograph after a show. And he managed to fool Mandrake into a dark wharf without witnesses, pretending Derek needed help.
Then he did a brutal jewel robbery, where one of the band members were disguised as Mandrake, and left Mandrake's fingerprints all over the crime scene. A perfect frame-up...
At the end Mandrake thougt the frame-up was too perfect to come from Fatts. Fatts told him that he got his orders like in a dream, from a man wearing a silver mask....
- Mr. Fatts, a small-time racketeer.
- Tom, a clerk in a jewel store.
- Stan, a man in a bar.
- The Cobra,
- New York
- Resturant Francaiso, Mandrake's favourite restaurant.
Behind the scenes
- There is no "Next week: New adventure" or "Beginning:.." indicating that the previous history ended and a new started.
- The title for the story is lifted from the plot.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Fælden", Fantomet #320 (1990)
- "Ansa", Mustanaamio #18 (1987)
- "Les empreintes de Mandrake", Spécial Mandrake #12 (1978)
- "La machination", Le Journal de Mickey #1786 (1986)
- "La machination", Donald Magazine #86-37 (1986)
- "Çà chauffe pour Mandrake", Janus Stark #129 and #130 (1989)
- "Il cubo di cristallo", Mandrake Selezione #9 (1978)
- "Culpado ou Inocente?", Mandrake: Culpado ou Inocente? (1976)
- "Fällan", Fantomen #7 (1987)
- "İftira", Mandrake #94 & #95 & #96 (1976)
- "İftira", Mandrake Albüm #32
- "İftira", Mandrake #66 & #27
- "İftira", Mandrake Süper Albüm #7 & #8
- "İftira", Mandrake Süper Albüm #43 & #44
- "İftira", Mandrake Süper Albüm #22