The Flame Pearls Pt.7: Land of the Giants
| The Flame Pearls Pt.7:|
Land of the Giants
|Start date:||June 29th, 1941|
|End date:||November 2nd, 1941|
|# of strips:||19 (19 weeks)|
|Preceded by:|| "The Flame Pearls Pt.6:|
The Witch of Tago"
|Followed by:|| "The Flame Pearls Pt.8:|
The Hungry Isles"
Mandrake is on a scientific expedition to the South Pacific, looking for flame colored pearls. Now they have reached the remote isle of the Colossi, giants who are eighty feet high. The great people are the last few survivors who in the dim past had roamed and ruled the Earth.
- Colonel Barton
- June, daughter of Colonel Barton.
- The Witch of Tago.
- A colossus.
- The colossus wife.
- The colossus daughter.
- South Pacific.
- Land of Giants, a remote isle.
- Atlantis, mentioned only.
- S.S.Argos, Colonel Barton's yacht.
Behind the scenes
- The main title for this story is taken from the strip of April 14th, 1940 (Next Week: "The Flame Pearls"), while the sub title is lifted from the plot.
- The "Flame Pearls" story is a retelling of an ancient Greek myth; "Jason and the Golden Fleece".
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Mandrake na Ilha dos Gigantes", Novo Gibi #1815 (1953)
- "Ilha dos Gigantes", Almanaque dos Heróis (??)
- "Tulihelmien mysteeri (VII): Jättiläisten saari", Mustanaamio #16 (1992)
- "La sorcière de la colline", Mandrake #330 (1971)
- "Les perles de flamme", L'âge d'or Mandrake #3 (1980)
- "La strega della collina", Mandrake #4 (1971)
- "Le perle di fiamma", L'epoca d'oro di Mandrake #3 (1980)
- "Kjempenes øy", Fantomet #20 (1992)
- "La Isla de los Gigantes", Merlin el Mago Moderno #17 (194?)
- "Eldpärlorna", Allers Familj-Journal
- "Mysteriet med eldpärlorna del 6: Jättarnas ö", Fantomen #12 (1992)
- King Comics (1942-1943)