The Diamond Trader
|The Diamond Trader|
|Start date:||March 21st, 1994|
|End date:||August 20th, 1994|
|# of strips:||132 (22 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Mandrake’s Sunday Walk"|
|Followed by:||"The Secret Place"|
Each week farmers come to the College of Magic to sell their products, and are paid in cash. Each year the CM obtain cash by selling diamonds, but the source for the diamond are a secret. Now, after the diamond dealer had left the College of Magic the bandit attack, the dealer and the diamonds was captured by unknown bandits.
- Moozar, a bandit.
- Hong Kong Purple Gang
- The Crystal Cube, at CM only.
Behind the scenes
- The story title is lifted from the plot.
- Near Tibet, a war a thousand years ago they found safty in an enormous cave inside a peak, a secret word (ancient language) the great rock swings silently open and revealing a dark tunnel. Inside the peak, vast, bright, fountains, gardens, temples, soft music.
- Inside CM there are a diamond mine.
- Theron is about 411 or 412 years old.
- First time Narda visiting CM.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Timanttikauppias", Mustanaamio #26 (1995)
- "The Diamond Trader" and "The Purple Gang", Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #47 and #48 (1996)
- "Theft in the College of Magic" and "The Purple Gang", Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #83 (1999)
- "Diamanthandlaren", Fantomen #26 (1995)