|Start date:||January 29, 1939|
|End date:||January 29, 1939|
|# of strips:||1 (1 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Flying Pass By"|
|Followed by:||"City of Gold"|
Swami had defrauded people out of money and the Police chief asked Mandrake to help nab him. When visiting Swami, Swami said, ".. and the crystal ball tells me if you place your money in my hand for one minute, prosperity will come to you". When Swami returned the money Mandrake found that he only gave back half of it. Mandrake gestures hypnotically.. And in the crystal ball Swami see himself behind the bars.
- Chief, first apparance of the Police Chief ?
- Swami, a crooked fortune-teller
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is taken from the plot. (a better title would be "Swami the Fortune-Teller")
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "(no title given)", Story # 3 (1945)
- "??", Świat Przygód #??-?? (1937-1939)
- no title, Mundo de Aventuras #484 (1983)
- "no title", Mandrake #4 (1999)
- "(no title)", King Comics #45 (1940)