The 3D Monster
|The 3D Monster|
|Start date:||January 18th, 1970|
|End date:||April 19th, 1970|
|# of strips:||14 (14 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Invaders"|
|Followed by:||"The Solar Wind"|
One day Jed called Mandrake for a special matter. At the same time Lothar receive a telegram, he had to meet a plane. Lothar was supposed to help the daughter of one of his distant cousin to settled and find a job. Last time he saw her she was a dumpy, noisy little kid, named Karma.
Mandrake went to meet Dr. Tor while Narda, Lothar and Hojo went to the airport. At the airport Lothar found Karma had grown up to a beautiful young woman, and falls in love instantly.
Meanwhile some gangsters kidnap Dr. Thor wanting his secret invention, optical holograms. But our friends are quickly on the trail of the bad guys.
- Dr. Tor, physicst and nobel laureate.
- New York City
- Pamet and Castlehill Roads.
- Jolly's Folly, an abandoned estate.
Behind the scenes
- At the deepwoods.org index the title for this story is "The 3D Monster", which is lifted from the plot.
- Pamet and Castlehill Roads (refering to Lee Falk's summer house near Truro at Cape Cod).
- A name shield on Jed's desk: Jed Bart (strip of January 25, 1970).
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "El Castillo Abandonado", Super Sandokan #8 (1983)
- "A Casa do Mistério", Mandrake #171 (1970)
- "Les monstres à trois dimensions", Mandrake #415 (1974)
- "O Invento do Professor Tor", Ciclone #543 (197?)
- "Dehşet Şatosu", Mandrake #117 & #118 (1976)
- "Dehşet Şatosu", Mandrake Albüm #39 & #40
- "Dehşet Şatosu", Mandrake Süper Albüm #26
- "Dehşet Şatosu", Mandrake Süper Albüm #4
- "Zamka u Ludom zamku", Super EKS Almanah #46 (1983)