Shadows on Devil Road
|Shadows on Devil Road|
|Start date:||May 19th, 2002|
|End date:||December 29th, 2002|
|# of strips:||33|
|Preceded by:||"Return of the Tourist"|
Years ago, when Lothar was head of the 12 Nations, a large amount of gold was shipped to establish foreign credit. The Gold was hijacked and Moru was accused, but nothing could be proved. Now, outside the gates of Xanadu, Moru died of natural causes. Leaving two mysterious clues; The Devil Road and Ben D.
Mandrake and Lothar heading to Bangalla for trying to solve the mystery.
- Moru, in charge of a gold shipment years ago
- Ben Done, a crooked jungle trader
- Theba, daughter of Moru
- Ali Ben Dilla, a bandit warlord and Prince of Nepa
- The Jungle Patrol
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is taken from the strip of May 19th, 2002 (Beginning: Shadows on Devil Road !).
- This was the last Mandrake Sunday story, as Fred Fredericks decided to reduce his workload and focus on the dailies.
- Although Mandrake and The Phantom had made minor appearances in each other's stories before, this was the first time they appeared in a complete story together.
- "The Devil Road", a Phantom story by Lee Falk and Wilson McCoy.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- The Phantom #1340 (2002)
- "Piruntie", Mustanaamio 12/2005
- The Daily Gleaner (May 19, 2002 - December 29, 2002)
- "Djevelveien", Fantomet 12/2005
- "Djävulsvägen", Fantomen 12/2005