Mystery of the Girls with Red Hair
|Mystery of the Girls with Red Hair|
|Start date:||November 8th, 1942|
|End date:||February 28th, 1943|
|# of strips:||17 (17 weeks)|
|Followed by:||"Cloud City"|
Back in the US June and Jimmy have a small, quiet wedding. Junes sister, the red haired Gloria, was to come home for June's wedding but something have happend, she has disappeared. The police are dealing with a similar mystery, twelve girls with red hair are missing.
- Colonel Barton
- June, daughter of Colonel Barton.
- Private Jimmy, a marine.
- Gloria, daughter of Colonel Barton.
- Miss Martin, a policewoman.
- Griswold, mentioned only.
- Craven, an old man.
- Lilly, Craven's blond houskeeper and Griswold's daughter
- New York
- Craven's mountain estate.
- Griswold Gold Mines, in the western mountain area
Behind the scenes
- The title for this story is taken from the strip of November 8, 1942 (Beginning The Mystery of the Girls with Red Hair).
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "O mistério das moças ruivas", Almanaque do O Globo Juvenil 1945 (1944)
- "O Mistério das Ruivas", Mandrake #119 (1966)
- "Punatukkaisten tyttöjen arvoitus", Mustanaamio #8 (1993)
- "Le mystère des filles aux cheveux roux", L'âge d'or Mandrake #4 (1980)
- "Il mistero delle ragazze dai capelli rossi", L'epoca d'oro di Mandrake #4 (1980)
- "Mysteriet med de rødhårete jentene", Fantomer #13 (1993)
- "Mysteriet med de rødhårete jentene", Klassikerserien Mandrake 1934-1964 (2003)
- "De rödhåriga flickorna", Allers Familj-Journal
- "Mysteriet med de rödhåriga flickorna", Fantomen #4 (1993)
- King Comics (1944)
- "Misterija riđokosih devojaka", Biblioteka Nostalgija #8 (1988)