Kingdom of the Wind
|Kingdom of the Wind|
|Start date:||March 25th, 1945|
|End date:||June 17th, 1945|
|# of strips:||13 (13 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Fountain of Youth"|
|Followed by:||"The Atalan Deep"|
Bach to the harbor dock Mandrake meet his old friend Blaine, who have turned himself and Argus over to the navy for the duration. Blaine want Mandrake to join him on a long voyage, to investigate certain peculiar weather conditions in the Tanga area.
- A naval ship captain.
- A fisherman, at Tanga.
- Dr Cyclo, King of the Wind.
- Dr Cyclo's assistant.
- South Pacific
- Tanga, a small island.
- Kingdom of the Wind, a small island.
- S.S.Argus, Blaine's yacht.
Behind the scenes
- At the deepwoods.org index the title for this story is "Kingdom of the Wind", which is lifted from the plot. The expression "Kingdom of the Wind" is not mentioned in the story. The plot is about a mad scientist who can create and control strong winds, thus posing a threat to navy ships in the area. The expression "King of the Wind" is mentioned often, and would be a better title for the story.
- Note that Barton and S.S. Argos from the long running "Flame Pearls" voyage now have changed names to Blain and Argus.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "O Rei do Vento", Mandrake #61 (1962)
- "Il dottor Ciclone", L'Avventura (1947)
- "Il dottor Ciclone", Mandrake #20 (1967)
- "Il dottor Ciclone", Mandrake #65 (1974)
- "Il dottor Ciclone", Mandrake - New Comics Now #80 (1983)
- "Il dottor Ciclone", Mandrake #1 (1993)
- "no title", Mandrake - La rotta delle meraviglie (2004)
- "Kralj vetra", Biblioteka Nostalgija #13 (1991)
- "El rey del viento", Merlin el Mago Moderno #23 (194?)