Kingdom of Marvel
|Kingdom of Marvel|
|Start date:||November 10th, 1946|
|End date:||September 7th, 1947|
|# of strips:||44 (44 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Roc Island"|
|Followed by:||"The Blue Bandit"|
As our friends fly over the remote and unexplored Misty Mountains. Suddenly their plane konks out and they have to make a forced landing. At the ground, they find and old sign: "Kingdom of Marvel". In the strange land they meet a hermit, telling them that they have walked right into a civil war. Where the rival states Mechanica and Flora fighting with their machines and plants.
- A hermit
- A Florian
- Dr. Florel, foremost scientist of Flora and ruler of the land of plant wonders
- Tor, (the last suvivor and) ruler of Mechana the land of mechanical marvels
- King of Marvel
- Misty Mountains
- Kingdom of Marvel
- Flora, a state of mechanical wonders, with cities of strange metals. Scientists have created machines far advanced beyon the outside world.
- Mechana, a state of plant wonders, they hate machines and have developed plants and vegitabiles in a way that would astound the outside world.
- "Crystal Peak", a state (or city ?) of futuristic wonders.
- Kingdom of Marvel
- New York
Behind the scenes
- The title for this story is taken from the strip of November 3, 1946 (Beginning Next Week = "Kingdom of Marvel").
- Strangly it is said in the beginning of the story that the Kingdom of Marvel consists of two states; Flora and Mechana, with their population concentrated in two major cities. When Mandrake and friends visiting the King of Marvel they find that they are the first visitors for a thousand years to the large city inside the crystal peak. Of course this could be the capital city of the Kingdom of Marvel, but the city is invisible and thus unknown for the people in Flora and Mechana.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "No País das Maravilhas", Almanaque do Mandrake (1964)
- "No País das Maravilhas", Mandrake #232 (1975)
- "Ihmeiden valtakunta", Wanhat Sarjat #15 (1987)
- "Le royaume des merveilles", Spécial Mandrake #7 (1964)
- "Le monde fantastique" & "Le royaume des merveilles", Mandrake #422 (1974)
- "no title", Mandrake le Magicien #2 (1980)
- "Il regno delle meraviglie", Super Albo - Mandrake #54 (1963)
- "Il regno delle meraviglie", Mandrake #68 (1974)
- "Il regno delle meraviglie", Mandrake - New Comics Now #45 and #71 (1981 and 1982)
- "Il regno delle meraviglie", Mandrake #2 (1994)
- "no title", Mandrake - La rotta delle meraviglie (2004)
- The Boys' Comic Paper (1948-1949)
- "O Reino das Maravilhas", Antologia da BD Clássica #10 (1983)
- "Kraljevstvo čudesa", Biblioteka Nostalgija #1 (2014)