Hojo and 8
|Hojo and 8|
|Start date:||December 15th, 1980|
|End date:||March 14th, 1981|
|# of strips:||79 (13 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Aleena the Enchantress"|
|Followed by:||"Mandrake's Family"|
An ambassador is kidnapped on a city street and, lost at the scene a cuff link with the symbole "8". Out on the street Mandrake gives the cuff link to Hojo, but they are being observed by a ferret of 8. Octon are not aware that Hojo is also the mysterious Chief of Inter-Intel, but orders the 6th arm of 8 to abduct Hojo, to ask him out on why he received the cuff link.
- Narda, at Xanadu only.
- Karma, at Xanadu only.
- The Police Chief
- Octon, voice only.
- Ferret of 8, who cases the scene.
- Hunter of 8, who commits the crime.
- X of 8, the executioners or killers of 8.
- The council of 8.
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is lifted from the plot.
- Hojo is Mandrake's super-chef and major domo. He is super-scholar, fluent in 10 languages and reads 12 more. He is also 10th degree black belt, judo and karate. At Inter-Intel he is known only as a janitor.
- Mandrake tells Lothar that Hojo is the mysterious and secret Chief of Inter-Intel.
- 39013 on a license plate.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "Hojo kidnapattu", Mustanaamio #24 (1988)
- "The Sinister World of 8", Indrajal Comics #411 (1982)
- "??" Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #7 (1992)
- "??" Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #54 (1997)
- "Il capo segreto dell’Inter-Intel", Mandrake - New Comics Now #68 (1982)
- "Hojo kidnappet", Fantomet #22 (1990)
- "Terrorismo y los 8", Mandrake #25 (1997)
- "Sve tajne podzemlja", Super EKS Almanah #52 (1984)
- "Hojo kidnappad", Fantomen #9 (1988)