Blizzard of Crime
|Blizzard of Crime|
|Start date:||January 24th, 2005|
|End date:||June 18th, 2005|
|# of strips:||126 (21 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"Space Glitch"|
|Followed by:||"Treachery... at the Top of the World"|
Dr. Julian has invented a special snowball. When tossed it would roll bigger and bigger, creating cold weather and blizzard. He also invented a special cream that made a person imune to fridge temperatures for a short time. Testing the special cream up north Inga played a little joke with the nearby weather station. During a howling blizzard she knocked on the door dressed in just a bathing suit. The flurried meteorologist Mers did not know that this was the start of series of strange robberies in the city, where the robberies were committed in a raging blizzard.
- Mears, a meteorologist
- Inga, dr. Julian's assistant
- Dr. Julian, has a natural talent for refrigeration, cold storage and fast freezing
- Kid Hoosick, a famous gangster
- Up North
- New York City
- A deserted refrigeration plant
- A remote weather station
- Kypens' Jewelers, the biggest jewelry store in the city
Behind the scenes
- The title for the story is taken from the strip of January 24, 2005 (Beginning: Blizzard of Crime).
- Slam Evil", the Phantom movie tag line on a t-shirt in the strip of February 28, Mars 2, 5, 7 and 8.
This story has been published in the following publications: