Behind Death's Door
|Behind Death's Door|
|Start date:||August 20, 1984|
|End date:||February 2, 1985|
|# of strips:||144 (24 weeks)|
|Preceded by:||"The Frightful School Day"|
|Followed by:||"The Supercomputer"|
A mysterious villian is after Mandrake's life. After years behind the silver mask a surgeon have restored the face of Luciphor. Now he wants to kill Mandrake, so that he would be the heir of Theron. And inherit the title grandmaster of the College of Magic, and then the caves with diamonds and emeralds and the Crystal Cube.
- Grey Street, in NY
Behind the scenes
- The story title is lifted from the plot.
- Theron is 308 years old.
- Theron was 276 years old when Mandrake was born.
- Theron was about 260 years old when he married a romany woman, she bore Theron a son and named him Luciphor. One day she rode off, leaving Luciphor with Theron.
- Beautiful Eleanora, daughter of the Duke, ruler of the nation, came to college as a student. She proposed marriage to Theron, but sadly died giving birth to twins.
- In the time of war with foreign invaders Mandrake was sent away with Basil, a student at CM, until the trouble was over.
- Basil the Magician, worked at CM and took care of Mandrake until he died.
- Luciphor left CM after trying to stealing from the treasure room at CM and kill Mandrake.
This story has been published in the following publications:
- "As Cinco Portas da Morte", Mandrake Especial #18 (1988)
- "Kuoleman ovet", Mustanaamio #10 (1990)
- "The Evil Genius", Indrajal Comics Vol. 22 No. 50 and Vol. 22 No. 51 (1985)
- "Marana arai", Rani Comics #179 (1991)
- "The Revenge of Cobra" Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #2 (1991)
- "The Revenge of Cobra" Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #49 (1997)
- "The Revenge of Cobra" Diamond Comics Digest - Mandrake #85 (2000)
- "Il fratellastro di Mandrake", Mandrake - New Comics Now #171 (1986)
- "El Cobra Golpea de Nuevo", Mandrake #40 (2000)
- "Dödens dörrar", Fantomen #24 (1989)
- "Škola magije", Mandrak magazin #2 (1989)